Thursday, April 27, 2017

Memento




My memento is inspired by my family because of the way that they have shaped me thusfar in my twenty years of life. I chose to create a cube because it has six sides, just like I have six people in my family. Each side is different and represents a different family member and together they all make up one shape. The side with the brass screw represents my father because the brass represents the financial role my father plays in my family, as he is the breadwinner. Across from him is the side with four small holes in it. This side represents my mother as she had four children and has given each of us a little piece of her heart. One side is dented and has a faint design in it. That side is my oldest brother as he has acted as the "guinea pig" of the family and been through trials and tribulations to be where he is today. Across from him is my youngest brother as he is virtually the opposite of my oldest brother. He has a distinct, pristine, design carved in him as he is young, bright, athletic, and still figuring out who he is. The final two sides are my sister and myself. The side with the square cut out of it is myself as I am the creator of the cube and believe that when you look through the square hole, you can see the rest of my family. Across from my side is my younger sister who also has a whole in hers but it is in the shape of a triangle. She is the third child, just like a triangle has three sides, and is very similar to me in many ways. The cube is painted black because it is sleek and represents the fact that no family is perfect. 

In process: 


Dimensions: 

2 in x 2 in x 2 in

Materials: 

Wood
Wood glue (does not count in three material requirement) 
Black spray paint
Brass screw 

No comments:

Post a Comment