Friday, April 28, 2017

Map Relief





For my map relief I chose to focus on a topic that I am very passionate about. I found pictures of orphans dating from the earliest days of photography to present and printed them out in black and white to use as my back layer and inspiration. I then used the white bond paper to create different boxes based on the various photos. For example, in one picture, children were standing behind white bars that looked like small squares so I cut one long box into white squares to represent that photo of the bondage that these children were in. The boxes varied in sizes just like the children in the orphan care systems vary in ages and backgrounds. In the center box, I placed an image of each of the countries with the highest number of orphan children. These countries include several in Africa, China, India, and Indonesia. This project truly opened my eyes to the need for adoption and orphan care around the world and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to create art that had to do with something that I care so much about. 

In process: 



Dimensions: 

2 feet x 6 in x 1 foot (length, width, height) 

Materials: 

White Bond Paper
eXacto Knife
Printed images
Brown Paper
Glue 
Clear Tape
Foam Board 



No comments:

Post a Comment